Resume: Siddhesh Poyarekar
Programmer with a keen interest in operating systems development, particularly in the development toolchain and base libraries. I am mainly interested in writing code for Free and Open Source Software.
Projects and contributions
- glibc: GNU C Library: Maintainer. Contributed various fixes and features.
- gdb: GNU Debugger: Contributed some fixes.
- Linux kernel: Contributed some minor bug fixes and a feature to identify thread stacks in a process map.
- Fedora: Maintainer for a number of packages. Contributed some patches upstream for packages I maintain.
- Ayttm: Universal Messaging Client: Reimplemented MSN and IRC protocols, UI improvements, port to gtk2.
- Libyahoo2: Protocol library for Yahoo! Messenger chat: Maintainer. Wrote the ymsg16 authentication layer and various other fixes.
- AntiDialer: GUI Dialer for Sify Broadband: Developer and maintainer.
- Gave a talk on internal implementation of malloc in glibc.
FUDCon Pune 2011
- Autotools primer workshop
- qpid messaging demo
- Security exploits demo
- Fedora Bugzapping workout. Introduction to the bug triage process in Fedora.
- libyahoo2 workout. Yahoo address book support and analysis for group chat protocol.
Senior Software Engineer (Sep 2012 – current)
Work on glibc upstream as well as maintain glibc on RHEL and Fedora.
Software Maintenance Engineer (Sep 2011 – Aug 2012)
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Aug 2010 – Sep 2011)
Technical Support Engineer (Jan 2009 – Aug 2010)
Provide technical expertise and bug fixes for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Primary domains
of expertise: Tools (glibc, gcc, gdb), MRG Messaging (Apache qpid), Desktop (gtk, Xlib).
I currently specialize in Tools.
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
Assistant Systems Engineer (Sep 2006 – Jan 2009)
- Development of trading systems for a leading debt broking house (C++).
- Wrote an intelligent chat interpreter that understands FOREX trade conversations (lex, yacc, C).
- Fixed multiple memory leaks and buffer overflows in an internal OpenSSL build
Patni Computer Systems Ltd.
Project Trainee (June 2005 – Apr 2006)
- Wrote an internal website search engine in C#
- Wrote a website traffic analysis system, to track visitors and their interests.
Tata Infotech Ltd.
Software Developer – Trainee (May 2004 – Jul 2004)
- Ported PL/SQL procedures to PL/pgSQL.
- Various bug fixes to multiple J2EE projects.
- MCA, Mumbai University (2006)
- B. Sc. Computer Science, Mumbai University (2003)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE): 111-130-381